Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #6


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

How's your week going so far? Keira's on vacation (Hate her/love her) and I'm having what they call PCD: Post Convention Disorder. It's real people. Anyhoo, lets see what we are waiting for this week. So many books coming out in the coming months!



Author: Andrea Hannah
Release Date: October 8, 2014

After her little sister mysteriously vanishes, seventeen-year-old Claire Graham has a choice to make: stay snug in her little corner of Manhattan with her dropout boyfriend, or go back to Ohio to face the hometown tragedy she's been dying to leave behind.

But the memories of that night still haunt her in the city, and as hard as she tries to forget what her psychiatrist calls her "delusions," Claire can't seem to escape the wolf's eyes or the blood-speckled snow. Delusion or reality, Claire knows she has to hold true to the most important promise she's ever made: to keep Ella safe. She must return to her sleepy hometown in order to find Ella and keep her hallucinations at bay before they strike again. But time is quickly running out, and as Ella's trail grows fainter, the wolves are becoming startlingly real.
Now Claire must deal with her attraction to Grant, the soft-spoken boy from her past that may hold the secret to solving her sister's disappearance, while following the clues that Ella left for only her to find. Through a series of cryptic diary entries, Claire must unlock the keys to Ella's past—and her own—in order to stop another tragedy in the making, while realizing that not all things that are lost are meant to be found.
There are many reasons I want to read this book; the cover, the synopsis, the raving reviews from ARC readers. The synopsis left me drooling the first time I read it. It had the dark vibe, yet, made me think this was also about self discovery -two things I love! I'm anticipating the release of many books this year, but this one is at the top of my list.

Title: The Fine Art of Pretending
Author: Rachel Harris
Release Date: September 30, 2014


According to the guys at Fairfield Academy, there are two types of girls: the kind you hook up with, and the kind you're friends with. Seventeen-year-old Alyssa Reed is the second type. And she hates it. With just one year left to change her rank, she devises a plan to become the first type by homecoming, and she sets her sights on the perfect date—Justin Carter, Fairfield Academy’s biggest hottie and most notorious player.
With 57 days until the dance, Aly launches Operation Sex Appeal and sheds her tomboy image. The only thing left is for Justin actually to notice her. Enter best friend Brandon Taylor, the school’s second biggest hottie, and now Aly’s pretend boyfriend. With his help, elevating from “funny friend” to “tempting vixen” is only a matter of time.
But when everything goes according to plan, the inevitable “break up” leaves their friendship in shambles, and Aly and Brandon with feelings they can’t explain. And the fake couple discovers pretending can sometimes cost you the one thing you never expected to want.

I was stalking goodreads as usual and came across this one. At first it was the cover that drew me in. Then the title felt like something that seemed really fun. I have heard a lot of good things about it so far. And I'm all about the fluff. The fluffier the better in my eyes.

P.S. Tomorrow is the day! Our first original meme! Thirsty Thursdays, and we are starting off asking who your first ever book boyfriend was. Come back tomorrow and see who we have and you can list your own!

Until Next Time!

12 comments:

  1. Great choices! I can't wait to read The Fine Art of Pretending too, it sounds so good. Hope both love your choices =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does! Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aneeqah @ My Not So Real LifeJune 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM

    Keira, I'm so surprised I haven't heard of Of Stars and Stardust!! It sounds just a tad creepy and really awesome. I'm also super intrigued by that cover! This is one that totally needs to go on my TBR.

    Nikki, The Fine Art of Pretending sounds like such a cute and fluffy book, which is exactly what I'm craving right now. Sometimes you just need a really light book.

    Lovely picks, you two! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Of Scars and Stardust but sounds interesting. I am however very excited for The Fine Art of Pretending and can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It so reminded me of a nice summer read! Great minds lol Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you like FAoP as much as I'm sure I will! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fluff is such an addicting craving. Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to have to check these out. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of either of those so thank you for the recommendations! They both sound pretty interesting!

    Thanks for stopping by mine earlier and thank you for the Goodreads add as well! :)

    Jess @ The Little Book Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SOOOOO excited to read The Fine Art of Pretending! It sounds super cute, and I'm always a sucker for the best-friends-become-something-more sorts of romance. <33

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first one looks so depressing, hopefully it has a happy ending! and the second one looks a little cuter, like a better summer read!

    Nemo @ blame it on the book

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, great picks both of these! I seriously love the look of Of Scars and Stardust, and The Fine Art of Pretending looks so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete