Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thirsty Thursdays #1


"Thirsty Thursdays" is an original weekly feature where we highlight all that makes our mouth water in the world of books. Join us each week where we will pick either a quote, book cover, book boyfriend or kiss from our favorite books, that makes us all swoony. Please link back to us each week, we'd love for you to share what wets your whistle, as well!

Welcome to our inaugural week. With it being the first, we are going to highlight book boyfriends. Our first book boyfriends ever! 


Boyfriend(s): Fred and George Weasley
Book: Harry Potter Series
Swoony Quality: Humor 

Why: I didn't really know what book boyfriends were before Harry Potter. Even though these two aren't the main guys people fawn over, I loved the Weasley family as a whole but Fred and George were always a favorite. And I always wished I was Angelina Johnson so I would get at least one twin.


Boyfriend: Todd Wilkins
Book: Sweet Valley High Series
Swoony Quality: Jock, Boy-next-door good looks

Why: Admittedly, I haven't read all of these, and probably never will. But when I was younger I was surrounded by older girls - a sister and cousins - who all had these books, thus began my exploration of teenage-dom at way too young an age. Now that I'm older I would never go for someone as scandalous as Todd. I mean, twins?! How dare you? I'll stick with crushing on the mysterious Jordan Catalanos of the world, thank you. Then, though, I was head-over-swoonsville for that California cutie.

Check out our Thirsty Thursdays tab for all our future Thursday topics!

Until Next Time!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Join in if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fred and George! And also, Todd Wilkins! Gosh, I haven't heard that name in ages. I didn't read much of Sweet Valley HIgh, my obsession then was on SWV Middle School :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Valley High was all the rage when I was little. I'm sure my parents still have the books someplace. Maybe I'll revisit my love for Todd to see if it remains. :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete