Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #8

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone is doing okay after the 4th and finished nursing those hangovers and food babies. On with the good stuff. And by good stuff, I mean books!



Title: Make it Right (Bowler University #2)
Author: Megan Erickson
Release Date: September 9, 2014

Max Payton lives by two rules:
Size and strength win any fight, and never show weakness.
When a rash of assaults sends Bowler University for a tail spin, Max volunteers to help teach a self-defense class. One of the other instructors is the beautiful pixie-faced girl he keeps butting heads with…and who challenges everything he thought he knew.

Lea Travers avoids guys like Max - cocky jocks who assume she's fragile because of a disability caused by a childhood accident. She likes to be in control, and something about being with Max makes her feel anything but. But during the moments he lets his guard down, Lea sees a soul as broken inside as she is outside. Trusting him is a whole other problem...
When the assaults ramp up and hit close to home, Lea and Max must learn, before it’s too late, that true strength can come from vulnerability…and giving in to trust is sometimes the only way to make things right.
When I say I loved a book, I REALLY loved it. And that is how I felt about Make it Count. Make it Right is the follow up in the Bowler University series and I really can't wait to revisit Megan Erickson's characters. She has a way with humor and romance that makes everything feel right. Is it September yet?

Title: The Secrets We Keep
Author: Trisha Leaver
Release Date: April 25, 2015

Seventeen-year-old Ella Lawton spent her entire life living in the shadows of her identical twin sister's popularity, but she never dreamed of having Maddy’s life; never wanted it. In fact, she’s spent the last three years trying to separate herself from the group at school Maddy has chosen, preferring the quiet, safe confines of her sketchbook and the company of her best friend, Josh, to the constant battle for attention and popularity that has defined her sister’s life.
When a heated argument and a tragic accident leaves her sister dead, Ella wakes up in the hospital surrounded by friends and loved ones who believe she is Maddy. She is overwhelmed by their joy when they realize she will live - a joy Ella is sure she would not see if they knew the truth, that it is Ella who survived, not her lovable, popular sister. After what she has done, she cannot bring herself to cause even more heartache and in that moment she makes the gut wrenching decision to assume her sister’s life. Navigating her sister’s popularity and boyfriend are hard enough, but Ella soon realizes that Maddy’s life is full of secrets that have kept her popularity intact while slowly destroying her from the inside out. Caught in a web of lies and with no escape in sight, Ella is faced with two options - confess her deception and risk the hatred and betrayal of those around her, or give up all of her own dreams and continue down the destructive path her sister's life has mapped out for her.
As a sister I love "sister" books. My own sister is six years older than me, and still, we do everything together. Though we now have a friendship, sibling-hood wasn't always so easy. We fought and cried. There was envy and heartbreak. Adulthood has done us well. While we still don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, she's one of my best friends, so I love reading stories about these bonds, or even the lack of a bond between siblings.

What has you waiting at the edge of your seat this week?

Until Next Time!

5 comments:

  1. The Secrets We Keep does sound good! Being a sister, I too love a well-written sisters book, and identical twins? Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely excited for it. Once I saw the cover it went straight to the top of my list of wants.

    Thanks for stopping by, Jess! I'll be by your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly! I cannot wait to get my hands on this title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books sound amazing!. I especially like the sound of The Secrets We Keep, I mean look at that plot and the cover!. It also sounds pretty unique from anything I've read before. Make it Right sounds pretty good, I'm just looking for my next Stephanie Perkins like author :).

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    Claire (Dreaming in the Clouds)

    ReplyDelete