Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday! Books That Will Make You Cry


I know it's been a while but we're back with another Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week, get your tissues and feels in check. We're talking about books that will make you cry. Warning! Some spoilers below!

  1. The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. This made me cry multiple times but especially when Hazel found out Augustus was sick again and then when he died.


  2. Slammed, by Colleen Hoover. Made me cry because her mom had cancer and the responsibility she was facing was so heavy. 


  3. The Husband's Secret, by Liane Moriarty. The little girl got hit by a car and I just kept picturing my daughter. Then the lady who hit her did it by mistake trying to hit the guy she thought killed her daughter. It was just crushing.


  4. This is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper. I was sympathetic towards the main character, even though the cast itself seemed extremely superficial.


  5. The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak. It was a heart wrenching take. The girl was separated from her family and watched her brother die. She was ill fated and uneducated. I couldn't imagine living in that time.

     

    1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen Chbosky. I don't know how I got through the book in one piece. Just the isolation Charlie had alone did me in. And him finding true friends was so heartwarming.


    2. Eleanor & Park, by Rainbow Rowell. I know this is like my go to book but I cried so much. I identified with Eleanor on so many levels that it made my heart weep.


    3. P.S. I love You, by Cecelia Ahern. The the grief the main character had for her husband was enough to have me grieving for a fictional character.


    4. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. Second Rainbow book but I couldn't not list this. Cath dealing with being away from home and her bipolar dad. It just hit so many parallels in my own life.


    5. The Basketball Diaries, by Jim Carroll. This was the first adult book I read way back when. The realness and the rawness was extreme. I couldn't stop the tears from coming.


 *Sniffles* Until Next Time

3 comments:

  1. The Book Thief had me absolutely bawling my eyes out!...so upsetting but such a great book!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Thief and The Fault In Our Stars were both so sad, but so good! These are some awesome choices. Here's my TTT: http://unearthlyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-will-make-me.html Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete