Friday, February 7, 2014

A to Z Book Survey!

Hi there! Here for some bookish fun. I came across this survey on my friend's blog and she got it from another blog. I thought how much fun that looked so we decided to give it a go! I'm (Nikki) is up first.



Author you’ve read the most books from:
Cecily von Ziegesar. I read almost all of the Gossip Girl books and some of the It Girl series. Before the show aired I was really into the series but then the show came along and kind of ruined it for me.

Best Sequel Ever:
Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins. Something about it was just perfect. It’s what I use as a guide when judging sequels.

Currently Reading:
Angelfall, by Susan Ee

Drink of Choice While Reading:
I don’t really have one but some green tea would be nice while reading.

E-reader or Physical Book?
Very torn. Depends on the environment. I don’t like to read physical book’s at home because I tend to fall asleep on them. The E-reader keeps me up and is great for my commute. But I love having physical books in my hands.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
I’m a bit of a fictional character slut. I love too many of them but High School me would have loved to date either Park Sheridan or Jase Garrett.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, by Holly Black. I was fed up with vampires and supernatural but reading that book renewed my faith in the genre.

Hidden Gem Book:
The Beginning of Everything, by Robyn Schneider

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
I think it would have to be finishing Deathly Hallows and then reading Twilight. Joining the Twilight fandom changed my life in ways I will never forget.

Just Finished:
Clipped Wings, by Helena Hunting.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
I’m pretty open to everything but Non-fiction tend to bore me unless it’s a memoir.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Major book hangover because of:
I had a huge hangover after reading My Life Next Door. I just couldn’t get over how amazing it was.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
2. Well, one and a half. The other half has DVDs on it.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The Host, by Stephenie Meyer

Preferred Place To Read:
On the bus or train.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
There are so many to choose from but I will go with one from The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. After reading that book it made me realize that I wish I could write and convey emotion the way he does.
“Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence”

Reading Regret:
Not being able to read faster. There are so many books I want to read but not enough time to fit them in my life.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):
Vampire Academy. I’m stuck on book four.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Hardest thing ever. But I’ll try. The Basketball Diaries, by Jim Carroll. The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. Eleanor and Park, by Rainbow Rowell

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Rainbow Rowell. She is one author that I can say speaks to my mental self. Her characters are flawed by society’s standards but to me they are kindred. I can read any of her books and spot pieces of myself in them but not in a way that the characters are dull. She is a fangirl and she writes for fangirls alike.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
What I Thought Was True, by Huntley Fitzpatrick. I have been dying for this book for months that have felt like years. After finishing her first book I needed to have more of her writing. I wish I could just speed up time for it.

Worst Bookish Habit:
Starting books and never finishing them. I have about 4 books on my currently reading list on goodreads. I know they are there but I need to be in the mood.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. I haven’t even read it yet!

Your latest book purchase:
Skinny Bitch, by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. I’m trying to lose weight this year and I thought that it would help. It just makes me sad to read.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
Bared to You, by Sylvia Day. No judging! It was just addicting and I didn’t want to stop. I think I didn’t sleep at all that night I read it.


Until Next Time!


1 comment:

  1. Great list! The question that stood out the most to me was ZZZ-snatcher book. Definitely Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I remember staying up all night reading this book!

    ReplyDelete