Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Books I want to listen to on audio


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

I'm kind of an audiobook snob. I tend to think that if I listen to one I won't really retain what the book is about or that I will sleep during it. However, there are times when I just wish I could hear the story instead of reading it.

1. It
Written by: Stephen King
Narrated by: Steven Weber
I loved the movie a lot. And somehow, I feel like if I just read it I won't get the same scared effect I'm looking for. What would have made this better is if it was narrated by Tim Curry, Pennywise himself.

Written by: Aziz Ansari, Eric Klinenberg
Narrated by: Aziz Ansari, Eric Klinenberg
I wasn't the biggest fan of his when he was on Park & Rec, but something about dating now and seeing how hilarious that is, is promising. Plus, his voice kind of makes me laugh just listening to it.

3. Him
Written by: Sarina Bowen, Elle Kennedy
Narrated by:  Teddy Hamilton, Jacob Morgan 
I loved this book so much. But getting to hear the boys and all their flirtatious stuff, I'm down. 

Written by: J.K. Rowling
Narrated by: Stephen Fry
This feels like it needs no explanation of why.

Written by: Anna Kendrick
Narrated by: Anna Kendrick
I'm so excited for this to come out. I love Anna and getting to hear her tell stories will be the best 8 hours spent.

6. The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas
Narrated by Bill Homewood
It is a long book and took my sister 2 months to read. The edition I downloaded is about 52 hours long. That shouldn't take me 2 months, right? It's one of the best revenge stories, or so I hear.

7. Lady Midnight: The Dark Artifices, Book 1
Written by: Cassandra Clare
Narrated by: Morena Baccarin
I want to continue with the Mortal Instruments universe, but I don't want to collect the books for my shelves. So I'll try listening to it. Plus, I know Morena from Gotham and I like her voice.

8. Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston
It was announced recently that Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels, will be narrating the audiobook! I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED! Words can't describe it. I'll be using my October credit to be buying this audiobook.

9. Les Misérables: Translated by Julie Rose
Written by: Victor Hugo, Julie Rose (translator)
Narrated by: George Guidall
Unabridged it is 60 hours and 30 minutes long. I want to know the full story thought since I love the musical.

10. Star Wars: Heir to the Empire (20th Anniversary Edition), The Thrawn Trilogy, Book 1
Written by: Timothy Zahn
Narrated by: Marc Thompson
I have been wanting to reread this trilogy for a while. So far the only audiobooks I have listened to have been of books I already read: Red Rising Trilogy, All Souls Trilogy, and Pride and Prejudice. But it has been so long since I read Heir to the Empire that it will be like it is brand new. Also, they are bringing the character of Thrawn to Star Wars: Rebels this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment