Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

We're halfway through the year, and I know for sure it's going super fast. Maybe lets wish for it to slow down. 


1. Star Wars: Ahsoka, by E.K. Johnston
Release date: October 11, 2016



I am so excited because Ahsoka is one of my favorite Star Wars characters of the the whole saga. I am still heartbroken that Disney cancelled The Clone Wars (I hope you are reading this Disney) and I loved her appearance on Rebels. I wish Rebels was all about Ahsoka.
There are so many stories to tell about her within the timeline of the two shows and I will read any novel, comic book, or watch any TV series or movie that tells me Ahsoka's story of that time in between.


You can read more about the book here: https://team-ahsoka.com/2016/06/04/w...-novel-so-far/


2. The Sun Is Also a Star, by Nicola Yoon
Release date: November 1, 2016


Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.
Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.
The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?


I like the opposites attract story. I am anticipating Nicola's sophomore release because I like Everything, Everything very much.

The cover is really cool too. Look at the detail:


3. Beard and Science by Penny Reid
Release Date: October 2016


I'm hella excited for this one. I just finished the second book and in the back there was a teaser for this. I loved Cletus in the first two books and I can't wait to see what he gets up to in his own. 

He's so blunt yet his brothers talk about how scary he can be. But he also makes me laugh so much. I hope this lives up to the amazingness of the first two. 












4. Twist by Kylie Scott
Release Date: November 22, 2016


When his younger brother loses interest in online dating, hot, bearded, bartender extraordinaire, Joe Collins, only intends to log into his account and shut it down. Until he reads about her.
Alex Parks is funny, friendly, and pretty much everything he's been looking for in a woman. And in no time at all they're emailing up a storm, telling each other their deepest darkest secrets... apart from the one that really matters.
And when it comes to love, serving it straight up works better than with a twist.
Another follow up book. I loved Dirty. I know I'm going to love Twist too. Kylie can't do wrong in my book. And this cover is just so much yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment