Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Freebie: Ten Reasons We Love...


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

Freebie week! Allows us to do things that we couldn't cause of busy lives and such. 


Top Five Reasons I Love Pierce Brown

1. He's a geek like me. He loves Star Wars (he's read the old Extended Universe books like I have!), Battlestar Galactica, and Harry Potter. In fact, when I got Red Rising the first thing I read was his bio on the back flap and it said, "Graduating college in 2010, he fancied the idea of continuing his studies at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have a magical bone in his body."

I knew then I'd like him.

2. He's funny and doesn't take himself too seriously. He's got some great stories about his life and inspirations.I love watching his interviews, con panels and book talks on youtube.

3. He's personable and loves to talk to his fans. The few times I have met him were awesome. He takes time to talk to you, take photos and you never feel rushed or pushed away. I could talk more about it, but my stories can get long.

4. The Swag! Pierce and artist Joel Daniel Phillips just finished a Kickstarter project where they had limited edition prints, posters, t-shirts, pins, etc of RRT art. I participated and my pledge reward was a set of 3 (16X20) handmade screen print featuring the artwork of Joel Daniel Phillips, as seen in Red Rising, Golden Son, and Morning Star. Each print comes hand numbered from a limited edition of only 200 copies made.




5. The most obvious, he wrote the Red Rising Trilogy and gave us memorable characters that have become some of my nikkfavorites. RRT is my favorite literary sic-fi story. I am so excited to see the adventures continue in Iron Gold.

Top Five Reasons I Love Author Events

1. I get to stay in a hotel. I know, weird reason. But when me and my friends get to go to an event out of town, I love that we get to stay overnight. It just feels special. One of my faves was when we did the Lovely Ladies in DC signing. The hotel was GORGEOUS! I mean, look at all the signatures on the wall. 


2. Meeting my favorite authors. This is kinda a given. But to me, authors are kind of like celebrities. But the fun kind who are fangirls just like you. Some of the conversations I've had with authors have been downright amazing. And hilarious.

3. SWAG! I love swag. bookmarks, key chains, magnets, candy, bracelets. All of it. And these signings come with a whole lotta swag. My favorite swag piece ever was from Tessa Bailey from my first event. She had little battery operated fans. Best ever because these signings can get sweltering.

4. Finding NEW authors. A lot of times, we go for about a quarter of the authors signed up. But when we're done, we get to walk around and see what is there that we haven't read. And meeting all the people and hearing all their recommendations is good too. You know an author is good when she can sell her book to you in that short time of being at her table, you know she's good.

5. Selfies. This kind of goes with number 2. But getting that little piece to remember the moment you got to meet your author, is awesome. Look at my pics from Lovely Ladies DC below. Those were some of my faves. 



**BONUS**
Me and my friends from this weekend in Cleveland with BT Urrella. Yummy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment