Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Characters Everyone Loves/Hates But We Just Do/Don't Get


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

Another topic where we are torn between the two choices. So we have a few for each!




Four Characters I Can NOT Stand

1.Edward Cullen - Twilight Series
I could have picked Bella but I know most people can't stand her either. I was never one to fall over for Edward. Always thought there was something off about him and his intentions. Granted, I liked the love, but the love seemed rooted in psychosis. 

2. Rick Grimes - The Walking Dead
I love Rick on TV, but Rick in the comics could go get himself eaten. He's a little too smug for my liking. Not the greatest leader in my opinion.

3. Christian Grey - Fifty Shades of Grey Series
Disclaimer: I have not read the series. At all. However, I read Master of the Universe when it was a fanfic. Now, I didn't hate him when he was Edward. I tolerated him. I think I mostly hate how unreal he is and how women worship his ass.

4. Dimitri Belikov - Vampire Academy Series
Yes, he's the main love interest. Yes, he is described as attractive. Yes, he's tall, dark, and mysterious. I should love him. However, I can not STAND him. It was bland and just not the right leading book boyfriend I expected.

One Character I Surprisingly ADORE

5. Eric - Divergent
He's the villian, yes. But something about how cruel he was made me consider that his bad nature wasn't natural. I felt like he was just a pawn in the bigger picture. Plus, Jai was TOOOO hot to be ignored in the movies.


Two Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get 

6. Boba Fett - Star Wars
Boba is ok but I don't get how a character who barely speaks becomes so beloved. Jeremy Bulloch played him well but still, I just don't get it. They even went as far as to resurrect him from the Sarlacc Pit in the Extended Universe novels. Never read those books because I am not that into his story. What we know from the films is enough.

7. Jace Herondale - The Mortal Instruments
Maybe it's the good looks and bad boy image for most but I didn't fall for him like others. At times he was a jerk and got to be annoying later in the series when he was linked to Sebastian.

Three Characters I LOVE But Others Seem To Dislike

8. Anakin Skywalker - Star Wars
Often misunderstood and sure he's whiny but I love the inner turmoil, the downward spiral and eventual redemption of this tragic, iconic character.
For a greater understanding of his fall to the dark side I suggest watching the animated series The Clone Wars and reading the Revenge of the Sith novelization by Matthew Stover.

9. Ginny Weasley - Harry Potter
I have seen people online slut shame her because she dated Dean Thomas and Michael Corner before dating Harry. Harry was taking his sweet ass time to realize his feelings for her and why should she wait around? She's young, pretty, smart, and plays a hell of a game of Quidditch. You go play the field, girl!

10. Diana Bishop - All Souls Trilogy
Ok, I have to admit I am not heavily involved in the online fandom and am basing this on the opinion of one librarian I spoke to once. She felt Diana was too much of a whiny cry baby. Sure she was a bit emotional but she was also intelligent and independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment