Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Books On Our Spring TBRs


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

TBRs are easy because the list is never ending! The hardest thing was narrowing down for us.


1) Out of the Easy, by Ruta Sepetys
She wrote one of my favorite novels, Between Shades of Gray. She does her research and really makes you feel you are there living in her historical fictional novel. This one has been on my list for a while but I will read it this spring because I also want to read her latest release...

2) Salt to Sea, buy Ruta Sepetys
This story is based around actual events during WWII. It is one I never heard about before. I am looking forward to learning about what really happened and reading Ruta's fictional take on it.

3) Delicious, by Ruth Reichl
I picked this up at Book Con last year. The cover looks pretty and my cousin said she loved the book too.

4) The Winter Sea, by Susanna Kearsley
Another one from Book Con. I collect all these books from cons and it takes me years to read. While I am not going to this year's Book Con I do want to read last year's bounty by the end of the year.

5) The Untamed: A Sinner's Prayer Written by Sebastian A. Jones, Art by Peter Bergting, Layouts by Darrell May
I bought this graphic novel at New York Comic Con 2015. I bought it the day Amandla Stenberg and artist Ashley A. Woods were signing at the Strangers Comics booth. I was too late to buy her comic book "NIOBE: She is Life", which I believe is a prequel to The Untamed. Amandla, Ashely and Darrell May signed my copy of The Untamed. It sounds so intriguing and want to read the whole series soon.

When I read the first book, I fell in love with not only the characters but Brittainy's writing. I don't know if I'm loving this cover as much as the last, but I'm sure the story will be eqaully amazing.

I don't think I need to say how much I wanted this book to come out. Now that the date is approaching, I'm preparing myself for the boo hangover it will cause.

I was lucky to catch this one while it was on sale. I'm a little nervous about reading it because I loved her other book, The Beginning of Everything. Here's to hoping it lives up.

It has been a while since I've read any of their work. I should have continued with this series sooner than now, but better late than never.

I was sooooooo lucky to get an ARC of this. I loved the first book in the Five Boroughs Series and I'm reading the second now. Santino's writing is like a hot chocolate on a cold winter's day in the middle of Central Park. That good.

No comments:

Post a Comment