Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About Enough


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish


I guess it is still too early to talk about the Red Rising trilogy again. So, while thinking this over I realized I love a lot of series.

1. All Souls Trilogy (A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, The Book of Life), by Deborah Harkness.
Diana Bishop, a witch, and Matthew Clairmont, a vampire, search for a missing manuscript that holds the origins and secret of creatures like them. They even go into the past in Shadow of Night (my favorite of the trilogy) to look for the book. It's a story with adventure, love, mysteries, and some science thrown in. The BBC is developing a TV series from the books and I am so excited about it. Like many fans I want Richard Armitage to play Matthew.

2. Shades of London (Name of the Star, Madness Underneath, Shadow Cabinet), by Maureen Johnson.
The forth book will be out sometime in the future. This is a fun series about an American girl, Rory, going to school in London where after an accident discovers she can see ghosts. She becomes part of a squad ghost hunters and whole story unravels with some cool supernatural elements.

3. The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern
Two young magicians are unwillingly competing against one another and fall in-love. The descriptions of this magical circus are visually stunning. It would make a fabulous TV series on Showtime or HBO. Imagine the cosplay!

4. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Ruta knows how to bring you back in time and fall in love with her characters. This is one of the most heartbreaking, tear jerking, but important books I've ever read. I find it amusing that some people bought her book thinking it was that other Shades of Grey novel. Well, their mistake was a blessing. Between Shades of Gray is beautiful literary story.

5. Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling
Anytime I come across something related to the Potter world, fan-art, gifs, the movies on TV, I really want to do a reread. But I never find the time! There is already too much to read. I just want to escape this Muggle world and go live at Hogwarts. I should listen to my audiobooks to do that.

I basically brag about every book I read so I'm going to mention some books I just read.

6. Frenched Series by Melanie Harlow
This series has 3 books and 2 novellas. I loved each and every one of them. They were sweet, sexy, and funny. The three things I look for in my romance books. I binged read this whole series I feel in a week. I couldn't get enough of Melanie's writing. They were quick reads and likeable characters to boot.

Other than that, that's all I got lol

No comments:

Post a Comment