Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #43


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Drag Teen
Author: Jeffery Self
Release Date: April 26, 2016


A fantastic, fabulous, funny YA debut from Jeffery Self, one of the gay icons of the YouTube generation, that follows one high school student on a drag race to his future.
Debut YA author Jeffery Self takes us on a road trip with an insecure high school senior who has one goal: to be the first in his family to leave Clearwater, Florida, and go to college. The problem is, he has zero means of paying for school -- until his friends convince him to compete in a drag teen competition for a college scholarship.
I love drag queens. It sometimes can be an unhealthy obsession to the fact that I believe I am a drag queen living in a woman's body. Logically, with this love of fabulous, a book titled Drag Teen would get my attention. This seems like it will be funny and heartfelt. I already know I'm going to think of the episode of Dawson's Creek when Pacey entered the beauty contest. (Dating myself with the DC love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment