Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 End of Year Book Survey!


Searching the web, I came across this perfect little survey from Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner. It is basically everything book related that showcases the last year. I wanted to post this yesterday but the lazy person in me took over.

So this will be our first(ish) post for 2016!


Number Of Books You Read: 67
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary Romance either it be New Adult or YA


1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

This one is hard for me but I think it will have to be Nuts by Alice Clayton (review). Something about this just spoke to my heart. Maybe it was the food. Or the hot man. Probably the hot man with food.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Asa by Jay Crownover. It was the last in the Marked Series and I couldn't wait for this to come out. I even fought to get an ARC but when it came time to read it, I was left feeling underwhelmed.


3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? 

The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett (review). I wasn't expecting to really fall for the characters or feel invested. I thought it was just a cool cover but it turned around and was something special.
 
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Truth of Beard by Penny Reid (review). I couldn't shut UP about this book because it was so good. I got at least three friends to read it.

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

The Ivy Years by Sarina Bowen was the best series. I fell in love HARD with it.
Sequel would have to go to Play by Kylie Scott. It turned out to be my favorite.
There wasn't an Ender I read this year that I really thought was the best.

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

There were so many! But I'm in love with Sarina Bowen. She's an awesome person and her books are just butter.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

The Modern Library Writer's Workshop: A Guide to the Craft of Fiction by Stephen Koch. I had to read this for my writing class and surprisingly I took a lot of tips and it ended up helping me through some rough writing times.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

I think out of the ones I've read, Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey was on I couldn't put down. It wasn't so action-packed but it was really thrilling in the sense that I wanted to know more.

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I'm not really a re-reader so I'm not going to lie and say there will be one.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

The Fill-In Boyfriend because when this cover came out, I went gaga over it.

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

Cletus Winston from Truth or Beard. He was hold your gut funny and I can't wait for his solo book.

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

This was a hard one to choose but I went with Kick, Push by Jay McLean. So tragically beautiful.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

New American Stories by Ben Marcus. This is actually a book of short stories. There was one inside that really gripped me, The Deep by Anthony Doerr.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. I think I held off cause the series is so large and I still think that. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting either.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

“Did he use tongue? Did he growl? Was he shirtless? Did he motorboat you? Did you touch his abs? Did you lick his sharp jaw? Is he the size of a horse? Did you giddy up? Did you find his Nemo? Did you Grace his Frankie? Did you Justin his Timberlake?”
Brittainy C. Cherry, The Air He Breathes

“When you spend your whole life faking happiness, it becomes a second emotion.”
Jay McLean, Kick, Push

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Shortest: Blonde Date by Sarina Bowen
Longest: Elements of Chemistry by Penny Reid

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

The Librarian Principle by Helena Hunting. I wasn't expecting there to be a darkish subplot going on. But it was done really well.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Brent Payton and Ivy Dawn from Dirty Talk by Megan Erickson. They fit each other perfectly and I love their personalities. There were a lot of OTPs this year but they won out for me.

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Brooklyn and Cameron Heart from The Duet and The Design by R.S. Grey. If I had a sister, I would want to be like them. They were supportive and always pushed each other. They were #SisterGoals.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Crushed by Lauren Layne.  I loved this series and this sequel turned out to be better than the first.

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Sustain by Tijan. My friend had been hounding me to read a book from Tijan and this one was available on Kindle Unlimited. I ended up loving it and it started this rocker book binge I went ont.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

So many choices. But I think I'm going to go with the unexpected and pick Jack from The Anatomical Shape of A Heart. He's not the buff out of this world macho guy that I read this year. He is basically the kind of guy I would have dated in High School. He gave me nostalgic feels.

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

Wrong by Jana Aston. Boy was this dirty and sexy and ultimately loved it. I can't wait to see what she does next.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

There wasn't any worldbuilding going on this year but for vivid setting, I loved the look of Vermont in Sarina Bowen's Gravity series. I'm a city girl, so to read about all this snow and country, it felt nice.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Nuts by Alice Clayton. I couldn't stop smiling or stop the butterflies that grew with each page.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry. I was almost there. Choked up, but no tears.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Crushed by Lauren Layne. I think this is the book that you should read if you've ever had a crush you haven't. I thought this was lovely and body positive. All around great.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Kick, Push by Jay McLean. I went in expecting this fun skating book and what I got was a book that made me cry every other page. So much sadness but beautiful.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

Decker's Wood by Kristy Dallas. Unique in the sense that it was a crazy premise!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

After The Rain by Renee Carlino. I was so mad at this because I couldn't stop screaming at the characters. They couldn't get it together for me. One of the disappointments for me this year.


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

A World Between Folded Pages. I discovered this blog randomly but it is one of my favorites now. I love the look and the reviews.

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West. Probably my favorite because it was the first review I had done in a while and it helped me get

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

Top Ten Series I haven't finished yet was the best I believe. A lot of comments and it also made me think about new goals for the nest year.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I went to a bunch of author signings with my friends this year. There was Apollycon, Lovely Ladies and Naughty Books, but my favorite would have to be Indies Invade Philly. Everything thing about it was madness but so much fun. Sad I won't be able to go in 2016.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

It would have to be when Penny Reid gave me a shout out for my review of Truth or Beard. Still shocks me when an author reads a review I do.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Keeping the momentum going. In both reading and blogging. 2014 really burned me out and made coming up with new things to say about books really hard. Writing reviews aren't as easy as one would think.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

The review of Golden Son had the most views this year.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Honestly, I would like the reviews we do to get more love. I feel like no one is really reading them or even visiting the blog to begin with.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Facebook groups! I joined so many this year and it has been some of my favorite places to hang out and talk to other book lovers. My favorite one is The Locker Room. It is a sports book related group but the ladies in there are so nice and fun.

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

There weren't any reading challenges I joined except for the goodreads one but I did meet my goal of 65 books.


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I've heard great things about this and I plan on seeing Sarah J. Maas in February for Apollycon 2016, so I want to be done with it before then.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West. I'm always anticipating a Kasie West book. I'm sure that this one is going to be awesome.

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

There are so many I'm waiting for and because of that I signed up for the Debut Author Challenge. But for one, My Kind of Crazy by Robin Reul.

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

The Score by Elle Kennedy. I'm not sure if this is the end of the series but if it is, I'm excited to see how she rounds it out because Off-Campus was one of my favorite series this year.

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?

Not get burnt out! I want to keep a steady stream of books and interest so I don't lag behind. I also don't want the blog to suffer. Maybe do some more fun things to keep people interested. Also, make more blogging friends. It's extremely lonely I've noticed.

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

I haven't read any 2016 ARCs this year but I did recently receive Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate, so that may be an early 2016 read.

Hope to see you all in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment