Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday! Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I'm horrible at remembering quotes but while I'm reading, there are ones that choke me up or ones that make me bust a gut laughing. Either way, they are the things that keep us coming back to keep going or even reread. Here are a few of my favorites. I plucked them from Goodreads because again, I suck at quotes.

“Just because I don't feel calm, doesn't mean I cant' be calm.” 


“There weren't any time-outs, though. Not in life, and not in hockey.” 


“Did he use tongue? Did he growl? Was he shirtless? Did he motorboat you? Did you touch his abs? Did you lick his sharp jaw? Is he the size of a horse? Did you giddy up? Did you find his Nemo? Did you Grace his Frankie? Did you Justin his Timberlake?” 


“Year—I can’t even find it in myself to look forward to the next day, let alone three hundred and sixty-five of them. ” 


“Not sure if it was compliment, or an insult, or a complisult;” 


“I can pay you."
He raised his eyebrows. "I'm sure there are services for that.Maybe you can try calling 1-800-HOOKERS or something?"
"You know the number well?” 


“You can’t just go around giving people cars. You’re not Oprah.” 


“Maybe you’ll show up at my back door with your nuts again.” 


“It is. I’m your boyfriend now, which
means there’s no room for your hipster admirer. He’ll just have to lick his wounds while we lick other things.” 


“If only we actually were in Harry Potter. I’d totally Crucio her ass. Yeah, that’s right, I’d use one of the Unforgivable Curses. Come at me, Ministry of Magic.” 

So many tears and laughs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment