Friday, November 13, 2015

Guest Book Review: Fairest by Marissa Meyer! (@marissa_meyer)


Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publication Date: January 27, 2015
Published: Feiwel & Friends
Reviewer: Lametria

My Rating:

In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.

Why do all mean girls have to have a sob story? Why can’t a bitch, just be a bitch? Why does her bitchiness need to be justified? I mean, I get everyone has a reason for being the way they are, but does the reason always have to be the same? 

I already knew the plot of the story before I even picked up the book. Once I knew there was a prequel, I knew what was coming, so I didn’t feel any ounce of sadness for Queen Levana. Well, maybe I felt a little sad for her, but not really. The person I felt bad for was Evert Hayle, he sacrificed a lot for his daughter, Princess Winter, and I felt bad for Winter, as well, and little Cinder of course. Queen Levana’s actions towards them, were horrible and regardless of her damaged childhood, it doesn’t justify her actions. I thought the point of the past was to learn from your mistakes? Her older sister, Queen Channary, is the reason why her childhood was horrible, but did she have to make matters worse and follow in her footsteps? She hated her sister, so why try to be like her?


However, I did enjoy the story, I just hate that every evil queen has the same sob story. It’s repetitive and really annoying at this point, but I still love this story and I was never a fan of Queen Levana, and I never expected to like her more. I may feel a little bad for her, but that’s it, I still think she’s an evil bitch, regardless of what happened to her in the past, because she doesn’t have to repeat it, but she did and she doesn’t care. Queen Levana is just hungry or more so desperate for power and beauty and love that she will sadly do anything to get it, regardless if she has to commit a few murders along the way. It’s horrible and it’s almost like a sickness if you really think about it, but none the less Queen Levana, will always be an evil queen in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment