Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Edition!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Happy Halloween week! It's a week of spooks and thrills, and we're interested to see what you all have on your top ten.


  • Hocus Pocus - One of my all time favorite movies ever. And ironically this is who I would dress up as for Halloween as well. I would love to be a Sanderson Witch.
  • The Halloween Tree - I don’t know if you’ve ever seen this but it was on the Cartoon Network back in the 90’s. I think it was a book as well but it was so creepy to me when I was a kid and every year I pray and hope they show it on air again.
  • Double Double Toil and Trouble - Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I mean, this was one of their best movies they ever did. And it was creepy as hell.
  • Don’t Look Under The Bed - I was a total Disney Channel kid and when this came out I thought I was going to shit my pants. Disney really pushed it with this. I love the idea of the boogeyman.
  • Casper - All I will say is Devon Sawa and “Can I Keep You?”

  • Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - Flynn's writing is twisted, creepy, I absolutely love her. 
  • House Of 1000 Corpses - Ever watched a movie that you almost couldn't watch, but couldn't look away? That's this for me, but I continue to replay and love it. 
  • Devil's Rejects - The sequel to House of 1000, this movie is foul and creepy and I love it.
  • Rocky Horror Picture Show - VH1 used to play this every Halloween and I always made sure to be home to watch. 
  • Halloween - Would it really be a Halloween list without Michael Myers?



Until next time,


3 comments:

  1. I think I've seen Hocus Pocus at some point, but I really don't remember much about it. I've seen it on a lot of lists today, though, so it must be pretty popular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hocus Pocus is my #1 pick too! Also, Rocky Horror Picture Show is great year round, but I always watch it at Halloween. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love most of these movies though Nikki's list got me thinking of an 80s movie that scared me half to death in 5th grade. There was a family that moved into a big house that was surrounded by woods and there was a creepy old lady and her daughter had disappeared somehow. Sound familiar? It's now driving me crazy that I can't remember the name!

    ReplyDelete