Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thirsty Thursdays #4: Lust-inducing quote from your favorite male character

"Thirsty Thursdays" is an original weekly feature where we highlight all that makes our mouth water in the world of books. Join us each week where we will pick either a quote, book cover, book boyfriend or kiss from our favorite books, that makes us all swoony. Please link back to us each week, we'd love for you to share what wets your whistle, as well!

There are practically hundreds we could have chosen for this weeks theme. I for one go through book boyfriends as often as I change my underwear. And each one of them have that thing about them that leaves a lasting impact. Mostly, their words. So here are some of our favorite words from our favorite boys.

Male Character: Ansel Guillaume
Book: Sweet Filthy Boy by Christina Lauren
Swoony Quality: French... come on.
Quote:
“Yes. I just want to fall asleep inside you. Maybe our bodies will make love again while our brains sleep.”
Why: So I'm pretty sure this is the filthiest and sweetest line that I have ever read. And I believe this was originally said in french. Ansel is one of my new book boyfriends and I love his dearly. He is the perfect mix of guy that you can take home to your parents but would do dirty things to you under the table all while having a straight face.

Who wants a beyond handsome man to speak dirty things to you in french?


Male Character: Gideon Cross
Book: Bared to You by Sylvia Day
Swoony Quality: Gideon opening up to Eva in a rare moment of vulnerability.
Quote:
I must've wished for you so hard and so often you had no choice but to come true.
Why: This was one of the few times we saw Gideon's softer side. There were hundreds of sexy things he said, but not so many genuinely sweet ones. I know in later books there were more romantic moments, but I loved this.


Check out our Thirsty Thursdays tab for all our future Thursday topics!

Until Next Time!


2 comments:

  1. I love your picks! :) I haven't read Sylvia Day but I do have my copy of Sweet Filthy Boy in my bookshelf just waiting to be read. I'll start reading it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Filthy Boy was so good. Bared to You was, too, but in a clichéd 50 Shades kind of way. Not my favorite books, but I do like Gideon!

    Thanks for stopping by, Camille!

    ReplyDelete