Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday! Our Summer TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Can you believe we are already toward the end of June?! Time flies when you're having fun. This week we are listing our Summer to-be-read lists. So many good books, so little beach time.



  • On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta - A couple months ago I read Saving Francesca by the same author and really loved her writing style. I've heard wonderful things about Jellicoe Road and can't wait start it.
  • Losing It by Cora Carmack - I had all but given up on the NA genre, then I read Sweet Filthy Boy and can't wait to see what other authors from the genre are doing.
  • Flat Out Love by Jessica Park - Nikki recommended this to me recently and ever since I've has this nagging voice in the back of my mind, imploring me to buy this book.
  • Every Day by David Levithan - Another I've been told great things about. The premise is intriguing and not anything I've heard of before.
  • Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - Sept. 16th!! I can't wait to read the final installment in the Burn for Burn series.



  • Boomerang by Noelle August - July 8th! I actually found this book on goodreads. After reading Make It Count, I saw this on the side under Readers Also Enjoyed. The premise looked right up my alley. I can't wait to get it.
  • My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland - A weird find. I heard a clip of the audiobook and thought it was so far from what I usually read that I just had to read it.
  • Rusty Nailed by Alice Clayton - Loved Wallbanger and I have been waiting for this one to come out. And that means next week this will be on my shelves.
  • Fan Art by Sarah Tregay - Out today! (GO get it!) I had added this to my list to read months ago and the day has finally come. I feel like this will be such a departure from my usual go to reads that it will be good.
  • What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - It feels like years I've waited for this book. I know it came out earlier this year but I held off reading so I could read it in the summer. Get the full vibe of it.

 What are you guys reading this summer?

Until Next Time!

7 comments:

  1. Flat Out Love and Fanart were almost on my list this week, I really want to read them, but there are other books I want to read more.

    I've read Losing It, I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the second book, but it's still good, I hope you enjoy it.

    Great list : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flat Out Love was such a cute read. Flat out Matt was good too. I liked them more after I read them. Hope you enjoy when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished reading On the Jellicoe Road I think 2 weeks ago and I was just completely blown away! It was my first Melina Marchetta read and may I just say that it won't be my last. I'm hunting down a copy of Finding Francesca in our local bookstores. I really enjoyed Wallbanger as well and I want to read Rusty Nailed too :) Thanks for sharing and for dropping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel (Miss Perfection)June 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM

    I am SO excited for Ashes to Ashes :) It's going to be epic!

    Rachel @A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rachel!

    I'm in love with the Burn series. Hopefully it closes with bang! Recently read To All the Boys I Loved Before as well, and really liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Melina Marchetta's writing. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from her.

    Thanks for dropping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks. I haven't started the Burn for Burn series yet but I really want to. Jellicoe Road and Flat-Out Love are two that I own but haven't got to yet, something I need to change. Boomerang made my list, so excited to get to that one. I hope you both get to all of these and love them when you do! :)

    ReplyDelete