Friday, April 14, 2017

Book Review: P.S. I Like You by Kasie West! (@kasiewest)


P.S. I Like You
Author: Kasie West
Publication Date: July 26, 2016
Published: Point

My Rating: 
Signed, sealed, delivered…
While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!
Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…

Who knew true love could be found on a desk in chemistry class? I never took chemistry in high school, but I read this book and it’s really cute.


Lily Abbot, is lost in the chaos that is her life, being the second oldest and the one that gets stuck babysitting her little brothers, leaving her with little time to work on her music and little time with her best friend Isabel. Until one day in chemistry she writes some lyrics on her desk, and finds out that someone commented on them, which starts a beautiful anonymous friendship that is definitely a page turner. Not only to find out who the letter writer is, but to read the exchange between Lily and her secret love. 

Although this story is predictable, and a bit cheesy, I really enjoyed it more than I thought it would. Lily, is such a great character and she’s really relatable. A lot of teenagers have to sacrifice their lives to help their family out, and as annoying as it might be Lily barely complains. I also admire her passion for music, and how much she wants to write a song, but is terrified and suffers from writer’s block like the most of us. She’s a very humble person, and she doesn’t really ask for much, except for some privacy and respect. Besides Lily, what I loved most about this novel is the exchange between Lily and her secret admirer. The letters were really open and honest, with some added awkward humor thrown in. I think that was a clever way to get these people two to fall in love. However, I did predict the secret admirer before the letters even started, so I wasn’t surprised, but it was still a surprise. That’s the only thing I disliked about it, how predictable it was, at least in my opinion. I read a lot of YA, so it’s hard for me not to predict the ending.

Overall, I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I highly recommend this to all you romance lovers out there and for those who just want a quick good read that will make you smile. I give this book, 3.5 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment