Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Movie Freebie


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

Top five all time favorite movies adaptations from a book or play.

1) Clueless - it was based on Emma so it counts, even if I have never read Emma. This movie defines a generation and is so quotable. My friends and I have gone to Clueless Trivia and won!

2) Steel Magnolias - was a play based on the life of the writer's sister and community. They say write what you know, but it was also the perfect chemistry of the cast in the 1989 movie that makes it work. I know this movie by heart and my sister and I would act out the salon scenes with our Barbie dolls and beauty parlor accessories.

3) Little Women (1994) - How could I not love a story about sisters? When Beth dies, I cry so hard my body hurts. Also, I had such a crush on Christian Bale as Laurie, before I knew how intense he is!

4) Pride and Prejudice (2005) - I am talking about the one with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen. The chemistry between the two is hot. This is another movie I know by heart. I love the proposal scene in the gazebo. After all that arguing and Lizzy telling Darcy she would never marry him, they look like they want to passionately kiss each other.

5) Ever After - is the best adaptation of Cinderella. She and the prince actually get to know each other and talk about books and stuff. She inspires him. Not to mention Angelica Houston plays an evil step-mother so well.

Top five favorite movies from the 90's

1. Titanic - Probably my favorite movie ever. Cheesy as it may be, something about this movie always speaks to me. No matter what, I can watch it and still laugh and cry at all the same parts.

2. Speed - Give me Sandra and Keanu any day. Again, a movie I can watch and never get bored with it. Keanu's acting is highly questionable in this, but there is something about falling in love while driving a bus with a bomb strapped to the bottom. Suspense people!

3. A League of Their Own - There is no crying in baseball! Everyone remembers that line because it is a great one. I loved how girl power it was without being in your face. Plus, it gave me one of my favorite Madonna songs.

4. Edward Scissorhands - Before Johnny Depp got weird and Winona started stealing. I loved this movie and if you haven't seen it, you're missing out the amazing minds of Depp and Burton.

5. Legends of The Fall - Some people fell in love with Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise. I fell in love with him in this movie. It will always be one of my and my mom's favorite movies we ever seen. It's tragic and beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment