Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Books That Have Been On Your Shelf (Or TBR) From Before You Started Blogging That You STILL Haven't Read Yet


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

This is going to be a big list for us because we both have 10 books each. Just bear with us.


1. The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) by Michael Scott
I have no idea how long this has been on my TBR pile. I would guess over ten years. I also have no idea how many books are in the series.

2. Courtesan by Dora Levy Mossanen

3. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
The receipt is from Boarders (I miss them!) and is dated March 26, 2008!

4. The Icarus Girl by Helen Oyeyemi
This is a signed copy I bought from Housing Works in August of 2005. Eleven years!! Ok, I have to move this up and read it in 2016.

5. Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier
I bought this while on a cruise in September 2009. I loved her other novel Rebecca, but I kept putting this novel off. Partly because my sister tried to read it before me and didn't like it, though she also loved Rebecca.

6. The Vespertine (The Vespertine #1) by Saundra Mitchell
I probably bought this because I liked the cover. The receipt says April 30, 2011.

7. Vixen (Flappers #1) by Jillian Larkin
I bought this because I knew someone with the same last name. And I liked the cover.

8. Illuminae: The Illuminae Files - 01, by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
I still have the ARC from Book Con 2015 on my TBR(among others I picked up from Book Con 2015.) And now there is a sequel coming out.

9. Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles #1) by Anne Rice
I never read the book and I picked up a 20th Anniversary edition while at Book Con 2014. Still waiting there, but since they are vampires they can wait longer.

10. The Untamed, Sebastian A. Jones, Peter Bergting, Darrell May

I have many, many, many books, some ARC, that I picked up from New York Comic Con over the years. But this is one, a graphic novel, I should read before this year's NYCC. This is only a fraction of my TBR. I think there are about 80 books just stock piled. There are also the Star Wars novels that I have accumulated. Most not even considered "canon" anymore. There are also ebooks on my nook. I buy or collect books faster than I can read. I need to make it a mission to read the TBR pile before collecting more.

11. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Every since I've seen the movie, I knew I needed to read the book. And I still need to.

12. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
Another movie favorite. I've flipped through some pages and it is still on the top of my list.

13. Something Blue by Emily Giffin
I loved the first book and I've been kind of iffy about starting this one but I refuse to take it off my TBR.

14. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
This was recommended to me and I just never got to it.

15. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
I was all ready to read this and then the movie came out and everyone talked crap about it. My need to read went down.

16. Hush, Hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick
Another rec but I just keep forgetting about it. I have it, I just need to be in the mood.

17. Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
Huge ER fan, so I love Michael's work. Jurassic Park being one of my favorite movies, I want to know how the book holds up.

18. Easy by Tammara Webber
When I first went into the New Adult world, Easy was everyone's top read. It is still on the deck for me to pick up soon.

19. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
My friend told me I should read this. I can't even remember why now but I know it's been on my list for a while.

20. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
I got this book from NYCC one year. I was so excited because I met Mindee and she talked the book up. Once NYCC was over, it kinda left my mind. 

Most of my TBR list consist of recommendations or pretty covers that I see around. One of these days I'm going to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment