Thursday, June 16, 2016

Book review: Bittersweet by Sarina Bowen! (@sarinabowen)


Bittersweet (True North #1)
Author: Sarina Bowen
Publication Date: June 14, 2016
Published: Rennie Road Books
Source: Author

My Rating:

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the orchard.
The last person Griffin Shipley expects to find stuck in a ditch on his Vermont country road is his ex-hookup. Five years ago they’d shared a couple of steamy nights together. But that was a lifetime ago.

At twenty-seven, Griff is now the accidental patriarch of his family farm. Even his enormous shoulders feel the strain of supporting his mother, three siblings and a dotty grandfather. He doesn’t have time for the sorority girl who’s shown up expecting to buy his harvest at half price.
Vermont was never in Audrey Kidder’s travel plans. Neither was Griff Shipley. But she needs a second chance with the restaurant conglomerate employing her. Okay—a fifth chance. And no self-righteous lumbersexual farmer will stand in her way.
They’re adversaries. They want entirely different things from life. Too bad their sexual chemistry is as hot as Audrey’s top secret enchilada sauce, and then some.



Anything that has quotes or references to Star Wars I’m all about it.

I want a Griff of my own, I wonder if my husband will change for me.


So Audrey and Griff are no strangers to one another. After a few hook ups in college they parted ways. But the company hat Audrey works for has sent her on a mission to farmers in Vermont for farm-to-table expedition for their restaurants. As she heads to her first stop she gets a flat tire in the driveway then none other than Griff Shipley, her college hook up. He doesn’t seem to happy to see her. But he puts that aside, for the time being. 


Audrey wants nothing more than to become the best chef in Boston and own her own restaurant. She grew up with a mother who showed no feelings or emotions and never gave praise. After coming face to face with Griff and meeting his family and spending time on his farm and with him, she is rethinking all about her restaurant in Boston and exactly what she wants out of life.

I love that Griff calls Audrey “Princess”, his worker Chewie and he is Han. Like I said any Star Wars reference is awesome in my book. Griff takes a lot of crap from his family, he’s usually so uptight but with Audrey around he’s a little bit softer around the edges. He keeps trying to tell and show her how he feels but she doesn’t believe everything he says. So Griff keeps at it till she finally gets it.


Now the only problem I had with this book was in the beginning. I love bacon. But I don’t need to read how they get it. Hahahahahaha. I’m good thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment