Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Books I Picked Up On A Whim


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

I had not heard of the book or the author. It was the first day of NYCC 2013 and my friend and I were just wondering around, picking up free books and there was a free signing going on. Proxy turned out to be one of my favorite YA, Sci-Fi novels.

2) The Prophet, by Michal Koryta 
I was at Book Con 2014 when this book was just being handed out to a crowd. It was described as In Cold Blood meets Friday Night Lights. I was glad to receive one of the last few copies being given away.

3) We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver
I read this back in 2007 and it has still stayed with me. I think I picked it up because the title and cover caught my eye and then the plot really got my attention. It is very dark but written so well. The movie staring Tilda Swinton and Ezra Miller is a very good adaptation.

4) Name of the Star, by Maureen Johnson
The cover caught my eye at the book store, but I borrowed it from the library first. I liked it so much I then bought the book at NYCC (even though the cover was totally different) and continued The Shades of London series.

5) Who Buries the Dead, by C.S. Harris
Ok, I admit I have yet to read this and I forgot the plot. I think it is also part of a series, maybe? Anyway, I was touring Seattle a couple of months ago and was in a mystery book shop. The cover caught my eye so I bought it on a whim. Even if I don't like it it's a souvenir from Seattle.

This was before it became a show and I wanted to read something that wasn't assigned by a teacher. It was different and something I don't think I would read now, but I'm glad it got me reading more.

7) Baby & Bump, by Brooke Moss 
I was really into unexpected pregnancy books and this was on kindle. I loved it and I want to kinda read it again just to get that good feeling again.

8) Flat-Out Love, by Jessica Park
I adore this book. Everything about it was amazing and I wasn't even expecting to like it as much as I did. I didn't want to read it because the cover wasn't great. Looks aren't everything!

9) Angelfall, by Susan Ee
Another kindle find. It was one of the first books I got when I got Kindle Unlimited. The whole angels falling theme appealed to me. I really liked the second one as well.

10) Geoducks Are for Lovers, by Daisy Prescott
This was one of the first books I got when I got a kindle. I got it because it reminded me of a song and top chef at the same time. A geoduck was something I only saw on TV so this was interesting to see it wasn't about eating clams. lol

What are your book whims?

No comments:

Post a Comment