Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #40

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, we have Stephanie joining with her WoW as well!

Title: My Kind of Crazy
Author: Robin Reul
Release Date: April 1, 2016

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25695607-my-kind-of-crazy
Despite the best of intentions, seventeen-year old, wisecracking Hank Kirby can’t quite seem to catch a break. It’s not that he means to screw things up all the time, it just happens. A lot. Case in point: his attempt to ask out the girl he likes literally goes up in flames when he spells “Prom” in sparklers on her lawn…and nearly burns down her house.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, Peyton Breedlove, a brooding loner and budding pyromaniac, witnesses the whole thing. Much to Hank’s dismay, Peyton takes an interest in him—and his “work.” The two are thrust into an unusual friendship, but their boundaries are tested when Hank learns that Peyton is hiding some dark secrets, secrets that may change everything he thought he knew about Peyton.
I love the name Peyton, I blame One Tree Hill. This kind of reminds me of The Anatomical Shape of a Heart. It seems dark and funny at the same time. I can't wait to read it.
Title: Morning Star (Red Rising #3)
Author: Pierce Brown
Release Date: February 9, 2016

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18966806-morning-star
Born a lowly Red in the mines of Mars, Darrow lost his beloved wife to the treacherous Gold overlords. Vowing to fight for the future that his wife believed in, Darrow joins a secret revolutionary group and is remade into a Gold so that he can infiltrate the ruling class and bring them down from the inside. Now, after years of hiding amongst the Golds, Darrow is finally ready to declare open revolution and throw off the chains of oppression. Nothing in Darrow’s world has been easily won, and this final fight will be the most harrowing of all. 

 
This is it! The conclusion three years in the making. After the cliffhanger in Golden Son (which I am currently rereading to refresh my memory in preparation) I am on the edge of my seat to see how Darrow succeeds. I am also preparing myself for headache. Gosh, I hope my favorite characters survive! I pre-ordered the nook version and next week will be like...


What has you waiting this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment