Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday! Songs We Wish Were Books


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

Music is something we all can relate to and fall in love with. If someone says they don't like any kind of music, don't trust them. Music and books sometimes go hand in hand. 


I really like this week's TTT. There was a book I read a few years ago that was inspired by the ancient folk song "Scarborough Fair" titled Impossible, by Nancy Werlin.
Here is a little more about that novel: https://youtu.be/WK72j84g_sM

On to my list:

1. "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You." - Heart
A woman picks up a man at the side of a road- no umbrella, no coat- and they make love all night. Years later he discovers she had their child. Does her husband know the child isn't his? How many strangers did she sleep with to conceive the child her husband couldn't give her? How did she know she wouldn't get an STD from a stranger? She didn't even get his name! This 80's classic should give us the whole story. Most likely a New Adult novel.



2. "Live To Tell" - Madonna
What's her secret? Will she live long enough to tell it? This could easily be read as a story of a battered woman, but I think it could also be the story of a international spy who has been betrayed.


3. "Gold Dust Woman" - Fleetwood Mac
A powerful magical king or queen must pick up the pieces from a broken heart. My favorite lyric is "rulers make bad lovers, better put your kingdom up for sale." Would make a good Tudor-like story only there would be magic involved and sold as a fantasy novel.


4. "Till We Run Out Of Road" - Jewel
This would make a good story about a man always on the road for work and learning when it's time to retire. There can be quite a few adventures and quirky characters when traveling.


5. "Seven Devils" - Florence + The Machine
Why did she fall to the dark side? Or is she possessed? Will her soul be redeemed? This eerie song could spawn an eerie supernatural thriller.


Picking songs is extremely difficult for me, but I miraculously narrowed things down.

6. "I Can't Make You Love Me" - Bonnie Raitt
There is something so beautifully tragic about this song that not only makes it one of my favorites but it also makes it perfect for a sad love story. Just asking to be loved and settling for just an inkling of what the person has to offer because you love them that much. They say that country songs are great story songs. Love it.



7. "From Where I'm Standing" - Schuyler Fisk
This is the perfect song for a Friends-to-Lovers book. Even though there are so many of those out there, I usually hear this song when reading one. Listen to it. It's awesome.


8. "Fool of Me" - Me'Shell NdegéOcello
Another haunting song. This would be a great break-up book. Or one that is full of feels. The lyrics are equally as powerful as the instrumental. I can picture reading the words on paper between two characters who are going through their final breakup.


9. "Make It To Me" - Sam Smith
This would make the perfect book about two people who have a chance meeting. Or an internet relationship. This song works for many preferences. It always makes me tear up because I feel like it's so personal. It shows loneliness, hopefulness, and faith in love.


10. "Between The Raindrops" - Lifehouse ft. Natasha Bedingfield
I actually don't know what kind of book this would be but every time I hear it, I think of two people who are perfect for each other but aren't quite there. It would be a hopeful love story. Plus, I love this and both these artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment