Monday, February 8, 2016

Guest Book Review: Winter by Marissa Meyer! (@marissa_meyer)


Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publication Date: November 10, 2015
Published: Feiwel & Friends
Reviewer: Lametria

My Rating:

Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend—the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?
I can’t believe it’s over! The conclusion to the Lunar Chronicles has finally arrived and even though it wasn’t the greatest novel in the series, because Scarlet will forever by number 1, it was still great. 

Princess Winter, the beautiful and mentally ill, stepdaughter to the evil Queen Levana has finally joined forces with Cinder, Cress, Scarlet, and the rest of the gang to defeat Levana. Cinder is almost ready to reclaim her throne as the missing Princess Selene of Lunar, with some little mishaps along the way, which is expected because what mission doesn’t come with some mishaps and detours? 


I enjoyed reading this novel a lot, however it was just a bit too long in comparison to the other novels. I think some of the things in the book could have been taken out, I feel as if they focused on Winter’s beauty a bit too much. I get Levana used her glamour to make Winter scratch her own face, but must it be mentioned a hundred times? I got it the first time, she’s beautiful! Let’s move on and talk about more important things, like defeating Levana! I do like Winter and I think she’s a good character, with a lot of depth, but I feel like she was your typical depressed stepdaughter of an evil queen, I mean she is based off of Snow White, so my expectations weren’t that high.

I definitely recommend this book and the entire series as a whole. It’s the best series I read in 2015 and it is very unique and a very interesting twist on some fairytales. One of my favorite things about the book were the quotes, from the original fairytale of Snow White, the Brothers Grimm version, not the Disney version. I love how each quote, summarized what was going to happen in that part, and she does that in each book. So I give this book 4 stars!


No comments:

Post a Comment