Friday, September 18, 2015

Book Review: Truth or Beard by Penny Reid (@ReidRomance)


Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers #1)
Author: Penny Reid
Publication Date: July 21, 2015
Published: Caped Publishing

My Rating:

Beards, brothers, and bikers! Oh my!
Identical twins Beau and Duane Winston might share the same devastatingly handsome face, but where Beau is outgoing and sociable, Duane is broody and reserved. This is why Jessica James, recent college graduate and perpetual level headed good girl, has been in naïve and unhealthy infatuation with Beau Winston for most of her life. His friendly smiles make her tongue-tied and weak-kneed, and she’s never been able to move beyond her childhood crush. Whereas Duane and Jessica have always been adversaries. She can’t stand him, and she’s pretty sure he can’t stand the sight of her…
But after a case of mistaken identity, Jessica finds herself in a massive confusion kerfuffle. Jessica James has spent her whole life paralyzed by the fantasy of Beau and her assumptions of Duane’s disdain; therefore she’s unprepared for the reality that is Duane’s insatiable interest, as well as his hot hands and hot mouth and hotter looks. Not helping Jessica’s muddled mind and good girl sensibilities, Duane seems to have gotten himself in trouble with the local biker gang.
Certainly, Beau’s magic spell is broken. Yet when Jessica finds herself drawn to the man who was always her adversary, now more dangerous than ever, how much of her level-headed heart is she willing to risk?

Blame it on the beard. That is the only thing I can come up with as to why Truth or Beard has become one of my top favorite books of 2015. There is so much in this that I can touch on. It was funny as hell, to the point that I had to put it down to stop from giggling. Romantic in a sweet and hot way that made it just steamy all over. And the only thing I can think of to say is that it has made me thirsty for more.


Truth or Beard is all about Jess and the Winston Brothers. Duane Winston in particular. Jess has always had the hots for Duane's twin, Beau. Toss in some mistaken identity, what Jessica James thought she knew about Duane Winston was now something completely different. Not only is there blossoming love, but the town of Green Valley, Tennessee isn't all moonshine and rainbows. The Winston Brothers find themselves in a bit of trouble with the local Motorcycle Club. Think Sons of Anarchy meets Steel Magnolias. (I know it is different parts of the south but whatevs!)



There is seriously so much I loved about this book. Jess was a riot. She was so blunt and funny, I found myself imagining her as my friend and us dressing up as sexy versions of Middle Earth characters. Some of her reasoning had me scratching my head, but I new that it would come together.

Duane "dropping panties with a beard" Winston was soooo good! All the Winston boys were really. Cletus, his older brother, was probably my favorite. He was the source of a lot of laughs and I really can't wait till his solo book. But back to Duane, cause... *fans self* To me, Duane was a modern day Southern Gentleman with a touch of badboy. He raced fast cars and had grease on him but he wanted to court Jess. I mean, who does that?!

Anyway, I could go on and on about how awesome this book was. I won't tell you all the goody details because I want you to read it for yourself! And after you read, you all can suffer with me as we wait for the next books. Six brothers, six books!


No comments:

Post a Comment