Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday Post #9


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Is it me or are weekends getting shorter and shorter? My oldest went back to school this week and when Friday rolled around I (Keira) couldn't believe it, and that feels like it was yesterday. The older I get, the faster time flies. Sometimes I have to stop and remind myself to breathe and take a look around before life escapes me. 

I'm pretty sure the week flew for Nikki, too. She went to the My Drunk Kitchen book event and said that Hannah Hart was amazing and hilarious and she almost cried. She also attended the Doctor Who World Tour and had a blast, claiming the episode was amazeballs and that she's still in love with Chris Hardwick. 

I feel like I'm always telling you all about some fan-ish thing she's been doing, but it's awesome, right? We can all live vicariously through our resident New York native. 



Here's what we've had going on blog-wise... 

Monday, August 11th - 


Annabelle Manning feels like she’s doing time at her high school in Chilton, Virginia. She has her friends at her lunchtime table of nobodies. What she doesn’t have are possibilities. Or a date for Homecoming. Things get more interesting at night, when she spends time with the boy of her dreams. But the blue-eyed boy with the fairytale smile is just that—a dream. Until the Friday afternoon he walks into her chemistry class.
One of friends suspects he’s an alien. Another is pretty sure it’s all one big case of deja vu. While Annabelle doesn’t know what to think, she’s willing to believe that the charming Martin Zirkle may just be her dream come true. But as Annabelle discovers the truth behind dreams—where they come from and what they mean—she is forced to face a dark reality she had not expected. More than just Martin has arrived in Chilton. As Annabelle learns, if dreams can come true, so can nightmares.

Tuesday, August 12th - 


Wednesday, August 13th - 


Emily Bell believes in destiny. To her, being forced to sing a solo in the church choir--despite her average voice--is fate: because it's while she's singing that she first sees Sam. At first sight, they are connected.
Sam Border wishes he could escape, but there's nowhere for him to run. He and his little brother, Riddle, have spent their entire lives constantly uprooted by their unstable father. That is, until Sam sees Emily. That's when everything changes.
As Sam and Riddle are welcomed into the Bells' lives, they witness the warmth and protection of a family for the first time. But when tragedy strikes, they're left fighting for survival in the desolate wilderness, and wondering if they'll ever find a place where they can belong. Beautifully written and emotionally profound, I'll Be There is a gripping story that explores the complexities of teenage passions, friendships, and loyalties.
 Thursday, August 14th -


Friday, August 15th -


The happily-ever-after of Holly Goldberg Sloan's acclaimed debut, I'll Be There, is turned on its head in this riveting, emotional sequel about friends, enemies, and how those roles can shift in a matter of moments.
Emily Bell has it all. She's in love with a boy named Sam Border, and his little brother has become part of her family. This summer is destined to be the best time of their lives--until a charismatic new girl in town sets her sights on Sam. Now Emily finds herself questioning the loyalty of the person she thought she could trust most.
But the biggest threat to her happiness is someone she never saw coming. Sam's criminally insane father, whom everyone thought they'd finally left behind, is planning a jailbreak. And he knows exactly where to find Emily and his sons when he escapes...and takes his revenge.
Saturday, August 15th -
Reviews, reviews, reviews. We have a week full of them coming up, so make sure to come by and check those out. 

Our Thirsty Thursday topic this week is: Top 5 NA Male Characters. (If you don't read NA, don't fret, you can use YA or Adult.) If you have any questions regarding the feature feel free to drop us a line, either in comments or by email. 



Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, the Dr Who world tour, how lucky !!! I'm almost envious ;) Enjoy your books and have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Doctor Who World Tour sounds fun. I'm so excited about the new Doctor to see what direction he goes in. My Drunk Kitchen looks pretty fun. I should take a look at it since going with my gut is not my strong suit. I've heard great things about the Carmack so hope you enjoy it. I love the cover for The Legacy. Look forward to seeing if it lives up to the creepiness of the cover. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think people will be happy with the direction Doctor Who goes in this season but I can only say that after seeing the premiere lol My Drunk Kitchen is seriously not like any other cook book I've ever read and I think that is what makes it work. And come back and check out the review this week for Legacy! Thanks for Stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun! I hope you enjoy the new season. Thanks for stopping by as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I saw that book around! DId she get it signed? I really want to get a copy, it sounds so awesome lol Great post!

    ReplyDelete