Friday, August 8, 2014

Book Beginnings & The Friday 56 #9


"Book Beginnings" on Friday is hosted by Rose City Reader, the meme encourages to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book.

"The Friday 56" is also a weekly event, hosted by Freda's Voice, where you find any sentence, (or few, just don’t spoil it) that grab you from page 56 or 56% in your book/eReader (If you have to improvise, that's ok.)

Another weird week for me. I'm between books and haven't decided which to read next, so I'm pulling one of the ones I'm looking forward to reading most off my shelf and teasing myself with some excerpts. 


When it comes to love there’s no such thing as conventional.
Everyone thinks Colton Neely is special.
Lilly Evans just thinks he’s fascinating.
Once friends when they were younger, their bond is cut short due to her accident prone nature and they go their separate ways. Years later, they meet again and Lilly learns that there is something special about the boy she once knew, but she has no idea what it all means. And she’s not sure if she’s ready to find out.
When he walks through the corridor of her school the first day of her senior year, she knows that it’s time to get to know the real Colton Neely. The more she learns, the deeper she falls.
Their friendship grows into love, even as Colton does not express it in words. But one decision threatens to break down the world that Lilly has tried so hard to integrate into and she must figure out if the relationship can survive if they are apart.
"It begins with a boy."


 Verbatim, "Doesn't it always?" Oddly enough when I went to the second line the author basically says the same thing, "It begins with a boy and it ends with a boy, but what story doesn't?" So true, even the ones that don't end well.

"What I had failed to realize during all of that was, even though I was going out of my way to see things through his eyes... to understand him more and more each day in order to make our relationship work... learning about things was not enough.
There's a huge difference in reading about it and experiencing it." 

Any book beginnings, middles, or ends that you would like to share?

Until next time,

6 comments:

  1. Great beginning and 56. This book is new to me but sounds like something I would enjoy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes...it always starts with a boy. What a great first line. BTW I am in love with your blog. Off to check out all your discussions and whatnot. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if boy books ever starts with "It starts with a girl. It always starts with a girl."?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that the author completely mirrored your thoughts in the second line. That's pretty promising. I like the 56 as well. I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It always begins with a boy... lol.... Looks like my kind of read!


    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many thing begin with a boy. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete