Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sunday Post #6



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

It's that time again where we wrap up one week and lead us into the next. Let's see what I have to share. Hmm... Well, I'm back in Nashville. Actually, Louisville currently, visiting family, but I will be back in Nashville tomorrow. It feels like I've not sat down since I got off of the plane on Wednesday. Not that I'm complaining. It's been lovely catching up with old friends and introducing my kids to family they hadn't had the joy of meeting until now. But I must admit, I miss my hubby... and my books. 

Nikki hasn't been up to much this week besides binging Haven (which she LOVED) before moving on to Teen Wolf to catch up on the seasons she's missed, and reading. I would be lying if I said that the reading part didn't make me excited. She always has the best recommendations when she's on a book bender. 

Enough about us. I have some blog related news to share with you. We, while still a new blog, finally feel like we've gotten into the swing of things and are now taking review requests. Our review policy, along with our new giveaway policy, can be found in the "Policies" tab at the top of the page. In addition to that page we've also added a "Guest Reviewer Form". If you have interest in doing a guest post here at LBL we would love to have you. Just fill out the form and we'll go from there!

Monday, July 21st - 



Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

Tuesday, July 22nd - 

Wednesday, July 23rd - 


Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.
Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.
A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.

Thursday, July 24th - 
 
Friday, July 25th - 

 
Saturday, July 26th - 

Last week I told you all about the Race to 150 Giveaway that will be staring on August 4th! Don't forget to check back with us for that and also the Alice Clayton Giveaway, which begins the following day! 

Thirsty Thursday is going into its sixth week and earlier this week Nikki and I discussed what comes next for this feature. To our surprise we came up with with enough topics to carry us through the year plus some! You can find topics through Sept. here, but if you're looking to join us for this week only, the topic is: Steamiest Kiss!


That'll do it for this week. What was your week like? 

Until Next Time, 


6 comments:

  1. I am excited for your review of Boomerang. I am so jealous you met Rainbow, she is awesome!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an interesting week. I don't read any YA these days so I have missed all these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've rarely been reading YA too so I gotta get back into the swing of things. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Boomerang! Can't wait to see what you think of it. And Rainbow is SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to get up to Nashville. It's been far too long. It's an easy day trip but I just never seem to make it happen. I don't read much YA but I think it's because my oldest kids are the same age as most of the characters in YA books and I can't quite turn the parent voice off when I read them. Glad you're enjoying them though! Maybe one day I can try them! Love reading Thirsty Thursday. I look forward to this weeks topic! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read all of your upcoming reviews. They each look great!!

    Happy Reading!

    My Weekly Wrap up Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete