Friday, July 25, 2014

Landline Launch Party!!

Rainbow mothereffing Rowell. Fair warning, this will probably be my most bias post ever. I just love her and her writing that much. Anyway, on with the show!

Recently, July 8th to be exact, I went to the launch party of her latest book, Landline. This was the second time having seen her in person and it was the funniest. The Barnes & Noble was packed with awaiting fans with eager faces and hands filled with copies of her books.

Once she was out, it was a non-stop laughing event. When Rainbow first advertised about the launch, she asked people to come and be her family, and that is exactly what it felt like.

She started off with a reading from Landline that actually turned into a tangent with singing.


After that she took questions and went on a very personal tangent about c-sections. But one of the best things she said was when she answered a question about the ending of Eleanor & Park. People are always asking what happens to Park and Eleanor and Rainbow says something like “I think that is why John Green has one of his characters die in his book so no one wonders.”


The biggest highlight was when I got to ask the first question and she remembered me from the previous signing and from talking on twitter. I asked which mom was her favorite mom to write out of all her books. She said that the mom from Attachments was like her mother the most but all of them have traits of her. She really liked the mom from Landline as well she said.


Overall it was a great experience and I can't wait till the next time I see her again!


No comments:

Post a Comment