Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday Freebie! Books we'd like to reread


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. It's a freebie Tuesday! We got to pick our own topic and we want to talk about re-reads. We both love reading new books but there are some you just want to go back and revisit.

  1. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton - I know I just finished this one, but it was THAT good. I intend to thoroughly dissect this.
  2. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr - I read this a few years ago and moved on to Ink Exhange, but never finished the series, despite loving both books. I would like to go back to the beginning and this time read all.
  3. Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren - I'm not positive this constitutes as a reread, but I'm counting it as one. I read the fanfic and loved it. I'm hoping to love it just as much as an original fiction.
  4. The Splintered Series by A.G. Howard - This will be one of those series that I never tire of. Just like the story, it's magical, and I very much look forward to diving back in before the release of Ensnared.
  5. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I remember thinking I would never get through this book. By the end, however, I was captivated by the circus and wished so badly it were read. Wanting to reread it has more to do with wondering if it was really as enchanting as I remember than having the desire to revisit a book I loved.

  6. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper - This book was the first book that Keira recommended to me and ever since I've been more of an active reader. It was such a darkly funny book everything I look for in stories. We actually have plans to reread it before the movie comes out in September. 
  7. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin - I loved this book but I was so hesitant to read the second so I haven't. I still have plans to so before I get to that I'd like to start at the beginning.
  8. Divergent Series by Veronica Roth - I dove into this series and it had so much I wanted to reread it before the first movie came out. Maybe I'll reread before the second comes out just so I can remember all that happened.
  9. Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling - This series holds a special place in my heart (And my arm in form of a tattoo). Having watched some of the movies recently, I realized there is so much I just don't remember. I would love to fall back into the magical world that is Harry Potter.
  10. The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Rice - This was the first erotica book that I ever read. I read it back in high school, so I would like to go back and see if I like it the same now that I'm older.
Until Next Time

3 comments:

  1. I loved Something Borrowed and Something Blue! I should do a reread, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice topic pick, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great topic and picks. I definitely struggle to find time to do rereads since I started blogging. I used to reread all the Harry Potter books, or the ones that were out, every year but didn't manage it last year. I am hoping to do it this year because the movies miss out so much and sometimes I forget the little details from the book. I hope we both find time for that. I remember enjoying Something Blue and have wanted to go back and reread that and Something Borrowed. Here's my post, I decided to go with my favourite mind-blowing book endings.

    ReplyDelete